The World Alliance Charter
This Charter lays out the principles and values which guide the World Alliance and all of its Members
Core values of the World Alliance
All Members agree and accept to be held accountable to the following principles and values carried by the World Alliance:
- to work to improve the quality of life on Earth for all by tackling the challenges facing global society;
- to support solutions that are logical, more than just ecological; i.e. efficient solutions that would make sense even if climate change was not a factor;
- to embody a pioneering spirit, embrace new ways of thinking and doing to push back the boundaries of what is possible; and
- to recognise the World Alliance as an independent group of global actors, not bound by the interests of any nation, government, institution or industry.
- to adhere to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
UN global compact principles
All Members agree to conduct their professional activities to the highest standards of honesty, integrity and fairness, in accordance with the United Nations Global Compact and its principles on Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses. Labor
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labor; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery. All Members confirm that their executive management team members support the above commitment.
Intellectual property compliance
All Members confirm that they commit to respect intellectual property rights of others.
Compliance with laws
All Members acknowledge that the Alliance is committed to carrying out its activities and promoting efficient solutions in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including anti-bribery, anti-corruption, counter-terrorism financing and anti-money laundering laws and regulations, as they may apply to the Alliance; and that the Alliance is committed to operating in conformity with economic or trade sanctions, restrictive measures, embargoes and asset freezing measures that are enacted, administered, imposed, or enforced by the Swiss Government, the European Union, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control and any other authority, by which the Alliance is bound.
All Members understand that the Alliance will not enter into relations or will terminate any relations with a Member whose activities or affiliation with would put the Alliance in breach of any applicable laws and regulations by which it is bound.